Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blue Sage Vegetarian

I recently took a trip to Blue Sage Vegetarian Grille in Southampton, PA. The cafe was charmingly decorated and had a spectacular blue ceiling! The food and service were both 5 stars!

I started with the soup special- Thai peanut sweet potato soup. It was mildly spicy, which was perfectly complemented by the peanut flavor.


My friend Mike joined me, he had the Porto Cubano~ Slivers of balsamic marinated portobellos, roasted peppers, baby spinach, smoked mozzarella & tomato-almond pesto spread. It was tasty, but very messy! The filling kept falling out of the bread, and it looked like it was difficult to hold onto.

I had the El Fino~ Griddled spinach wrap encases grilled pears, maple pecans, gorgonzola, grilled onions, baby greens & dairy free carmelized onion mayo. with spring mix in pear-walnut vinaigrette, oranges, roasted baby yellow beets & sundried cranberries. I had the dairy free version. The pear and maple pecans made this wrap! It was sweet, but not overpoweringly so. I want to recreate that taste!

This was a great place to go for lunch! I look forward to heading back there for dinner sometime so I can try the dairy free dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment